Monday, August 11, 2014

What's Your World View?











   I was just listening to a sermon by Rick Warren which dealt with peoples world views, and the question of "What is your world view?"

   Rick says "If I asked how you picture life, what image would come to your mind? That image is your life metaphor. It's the view of life that you hold, consciously or unconsciously, in your mind. It's your description of how life works and what you expect from it. People often express their life metaphors through clothes, jewelry, cars, hairstyles, bumper stickers, even tattoos."

   An example would be “The one with most toys wins.”

   As I listened, I looked down at my two most noticeable tattoos. On my left wrist is written WWLD? Which stands for "what would love do?" On my right wrist is a picture of the Lorax with the word "Unless" under him. I hold the same world view as the Lorax, which is, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."

   I had those tattoos put in such plain site in hopes they would spark deeper conversations with strangers I meet, and thanks to Rick Warren I just realized I possibly hold a world view either the same as or similar to one as Dr. Seuss had.

   Not such a bad view to hold.

Links:

Sermon by Rick Warren on World Views
The Lorax
Dr. Seuss


No comments:

Post a Comment