Sunday, August 17, 2014

Finding the Time











   A situation I find myself in lately is not being "free" to help with the many projects I see going on around me. Recently there was a call out to help paint several rooms in the church, a sign up sheet to attend and support a new church plant, and a call to man a booth at a street festival. All this just in the last couple weeks.

   I did not attend any of these events. Now it's not because I didn't want to, I did, and not being able to participate frustrates me very much at times.

   You see on the days I am not working, I am Mr. Mom, spending the day with my three year old daughter. Currently my wife and I both only work three days per week, and it would seem that leaves four days to fellowship and help others... on paper anyway.

   However we've been working opposite days of each other, so we have effectively managed to tie ourselves up for six days out of the week, leaving no time to break out "sans toddler" and be helpful to others.

   In the future we will be tweaking our work schedules to free up some more time, however I realize the remedy to my situation is to simply find a day job that is all about fellowship and helping others.

   So my quest is to seek out this position in the near future. I don't know what this will look like, however I do know God has always come through for me, and this will be no exception!

   The journey of the second half of my life has started to take shape, and although I regret it took me this long to realize what's truly important, I am very grateful that I have, as to many people never realize the true importance in life at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment