Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Baptism











   Approximately six years ago I was born again and became a believer of Christ.

   Now, I was baptized as an infant by my parents and went to a Methodist Church as a child, so I've always known about church and Jesus Christ. However it wasn't until about six years ago that the reality of my existence, who Jesus was and what he did, hit me like a bolt of lightening!

   Like most people, I hit a point in my life where I started asking those questions, "why am I here?", "there has to be more then this, we can't all be here just to consume, work, buy stuff and die, can we?" Then I saw something that really got me excited, it made me really question my typical human existence.

   I saw the movie "The Matrix!" This was a slight miracle in itself, because I am not a fan of Keanu Reeves and would not have paid to see one of his movie's. Some friends of mine invited me along to see this new movie everyone was talking about, but I had never heard of. Long story short, the themes and ideas presented in "The Matrix" absolutely was a key puzzle piece to my basic understanding that everything seen and unseen in this world is not what it seems. This flipped a switch in me that put me on the path to learn to truth.

   During the course of the next few years of consuming audio, video, books, and becoming increasingly more spiritual and open, the day came that I was given the truth! While driving home one night from work, "it" hit me like a bolt of lightening!

   I instantly realized there is an actual spiritual war constantly taking place, between good and evil for our souls. I now knew that the mundane day to day grind we are all participating in is just Satan's way of distracting us and keeping us in a stupor. I remember repeating out loud over and over in the car, "No? Oh... My... God" as it all became clear that I was a sheep following the herd off an eternal cliff.

   Since that night several things became crystal clear to me.

1. My time on earth and my soul were being robbed from me by Satan.

2. Jesus Christ existed; was here to show us the truth; teach us about faith; how to live and love and is the only true way to salvation. Nobody comes to the Father except through the Son.

3. My life has so much more meaning and how I spend the rest of it, means everything.

4. I need to change my "s***" now!


   I repented for my sins. I repented for my foolishness. I repented for spending my life worshiping myself and my possessions. I asked for forgiveness and acknowledged that Jesus Christ was my Lord and Savior.

   That's my story. So for the last six years I've been slowly rebuilding my life based on the truth instead of lies. My wife and I have made life changes, financial changes, job changes, we've moved, lost friends and are close to breaking free of the rat race.

   I have rededicated the rest of my life to spiritual growth, striving to become Christ like, and helping others. I'm a work in progress and still unplugging from the matrix, but I'm finally on the right path and moving forward quickly.

   In a few weeks both my wife and I will be Baptized as adults, now with the full understanding of what it means. Life is good.

Links:

Red or Blue Pill?

No comments:

Post a Comment